The Slacker Asteroid

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Initial Ragmop sales figures

Hey group! I got the initial sales figures for Ragmop and they leave me with some work to do. It's not a worst case scenario, but I'm also not giving up my day job as an unemployed storyboard artist either. I feel confident that when you all see the book and the knock-out design work that Jon Adams (Trurth Serum) did on the textual portions it will be something you'll be telling your friends about. BUT, if you were planning on giving generously this Christmas by including Ragmop in a few stockings, then you'd better tell your retailer to re-order because with only 627 copies out there in October I don't expect them to last long. I'm going to do my bit by printing enough to cover possible re-orders and beyond. So if you like the book start the word of mouth. I'll be covering the media and a few alternative distribution markets as well as hitting the convention circuit (not to mention starting the next project or two). With a little help from my friends we can make this tiny acorn of dissent flower into a mighty oak of malcontent. Or something like that. My best to you all. Peace in troubled times.

Rob

2 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger A. Neal said...

Rob,

Good luck with the book! I'm ecstatic that Ragmop is finally being released as a collected edition. I'm looking to reading the end of the story!

I wrote you a few years back, before I bought the comic shop I worked in at the time, to let you know that I had just reread Ragmop. I have now owned my shop for over three years, and things are going great.

Ragmop is still one of my favorite comics, and I ordered a big stack of the collection to push, so we're doing our part.

Good luck with the book!
Andrew Neal
Chapel Hill Comics

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Rob Walton said...

Hey Andrew,

Thanks a lot. I'm glad you found my blog. I couldn't do this without the support of retailers like yourself. Hopefully I'll deliver a book that meets your expectations and more.

Rob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home